Doctors, pharmacies and hospitals
- Five minutes by car from our village Ban Nonthong, there is a smaller village hospital for emergencies (...where teeth are also pulled!),
- 30 minutes away are larger state hospitals in Non Sa-at, Nong Saen and Kumphawapi.
- In Non Sa-at there are also doctors and a dentist. In Kumphawapi, about 17 km away, there is a good pharmacy.
Udon Thani offers good medical care:
- Many doctors, dental clinics, state and private hospitals, pharmacies in the shopping centers.
- Private doctors, dentists, state medical institutions are relatively cheap.
- Private hospitals are more expensive, but still cheaper than in Europe. Medical care is good/excellent.
- In Thailand, medicines are very cheap, especially generics
In all medical facilities in Thailand, you have to pay cash, even for larger operations.
- Check with your health insurance company, whether and in what written form cost credits are accepted in Thailand.
- A credit card can be important in this case.
Patient transport by ambulances to hospitals is often free of charge, so the hospital gets its "clientele". If this is the same with Farangs (foreigners), we have not yet tried ourselves....